Friday 5 July 2013

The 5 Secrets of Networking

As sales persons, we need to network extensively to expand our contact base, but many seem to be doing it the wrong way. I still remember many years back when I was in the banking industry, a colleague of mine one day invited me to join him for a gathering of bankers at the Bankers Club that evening. It was a kind of a cocktail reception and a banker-get to know-banker session. Now I ask myself, the people who would be there would be my competitors in the industry. So why would I partake in such a gathering? What business would I get from them, anyway? Shouldn't I be attending a gathering where my business prospects would be, say, at some trade associations dinner, cocktail or talk? Networking is important but one must be clear of the objective why you were there in the first
place.




No comments:

Post a Comment