- Leaders start projects by asking "What has to be done?" instead of "What do I need?"
- Leaders next ask: "What do I have to do to make a real contribution?" The answer best suits the leader's strengths and the needs of the project.
- Leaders continually ask: "What are my organisation's purposes and objectives?" and "What qualifies as acceptable performance and adds to the bottom line?"
- Leaders don't want clones of themselves as employees. They never ask: "Do I like or dislike this employee?" But they won't tolerate poor performance.
- Leaders are not threatened by others who have strengths they lack.
Friday, 27 January 2012
To find out if you are a true leader, see if you possess these qualities: